03 July 2005

Sweet Dreams (are made of these)

Watching Live 8 was one adrenaline booster - seeing and hearing all those big music acts in several stages across major world capitals was nothing short of awesome. And for such a noble purpose this time...

Live 8 was also one big happy trip down memory lane. (Music tops everything else for me when recalling good or bad memories - but I remember mostly the good only; it's healthier that way). While I welcome watching the new and current acts (Linkin Park - the best band so far!!! Green Day [good versions of Queen's hits] Keane, Muse in Paris, Good Charlotte,Robbie Williams, ALicia Keys) in the global music scene, watching old favorites like Duran Duran (their singing "Ordinary World" in Rome gave me goosebumps), Sting, Petshop Boys, Bryan Adams, Bon Jovi, U2, REM, etc simply made my night. And wow I heard my most liked group back then - AHA! They sang in the Berlin stage and boy, was I transported back in time to those days when I would only play nothing but AHA tapes on my walkman... Through the years I wondered what happened to them that's why hearing them onstage singing Take on Me was really something special! Madonna's set was likewise electrifying - I liked her Ray of Light and Music numbers - she really made the point well in "Music - makes the people, come together...". But what really took my breathe away was when Annie Lennox went on stage and sang my all-time favorite and their first international superhit - Sweet Dreams (are made of this). She also gave her two cents worth of opinion on Live 8 and its goal of making poverty history. Man, is she very good and still very sexy... She can give all those young singers hell onstage; her voice has become more powerful, she plays good piano and has electrifying stage presence. I wish I can see her one of these days in concert in person...

Thanks to all the organizers of Live 8... Thanks to www.live8live.com for such a good site. MANY THANKS too for local channel ABC 5 for showing Live 8, even on a slightly delayed basis - a lot of us in the newsroom really appreciate what you did for us. I hope the G-8 leaders do listen up and listen good! Let's make poverty history! (I wonder if we can ask their help to make PGMA history too. But then that's another blog I guess...)

No comments: