31 July 2005

Life's like that

Busy week. Lots of readings for grad class. Equally lots of rewrites to get that elusive A+. Slept mostly in whatever free time that I had. Barely had time to log in. Finishing my articles though; hope to pass it today as promised.

The good news is I finished my first Jasper Fforde novel - Something Rotten. And now I can't get enough... Good thing I saw a copy of the first one, The Eyre Affair over at Fully Booked at the Gateway Mall (plus the 2nd Lost in a Good Book and the 3rd Well of Lost Plots; also saw The Big Over Easy, Fforde's new novel on Humpty Dumpty's fall and who was behind it).

Finally saw that HAMLET dvd w/ Mel Gibson. Glenn Close and Helena Bonham Carter were good as always; Gibson was convincing but Ralph Fiennes should have been Hamlet. Also saw CRASH - pretty good movie, I totally liked it (full review about this later).

Only had time to open my email tonight. One item caught my eye from my gmail. It's a cautionary tale for bloggers like me, although the author is an anonymous blogger unlike me. The short of it is, she got fired after her employers found out about her blog; the worst thing is, she also got fired from her next job after finding out what happened to her. Well now that she's fired, she's now blogging openly. Check it out: Jolie in NYC and beware or at least learn how not to end up like her (and still blog on what the h**l)!

No comments: