11 May 2005

Search for something amazing

There's one scene in The Incredibles that clearly sums up what I'm feeling lately. This was when Bob's little neighbor - a boy blowing a bubble gum and riding a bike saw him about to hurl his car in frustration. Bob asked the boy what he was waiting for and the boy answered something like -

I dunno, maybe something amazing
... And then Bob says,
me too kid, me too
...

That was the best part for me in The Incredibles, among the best scenes that littered that really incredible movie.

I guess it sums up my sentiments these days - waiting for something amazing to really happen to me, to my family and to my country... waiting for something or someone even, a hero perhaps to amaze us and more...

I remember growing up in sleepy Dumaguete City and searching for heroes to emulate and look up to. And was I so frustrated... That's why I think I'm still searching for one until a friend told me this may be futile, unless I don't mind the celluloid, literary and comic books variety. He then told me na baka naman, the hero that I was searching for was myself. Or rather, I may have to be my own hero for others to be emulated and looked up to.

Wow hebi pre... And so it came to pass that I had to lay off from my friend's deep thoughts that time...

But it has not stop me from thinking about it since then. Maybe, after all, we are our own heroes and we just don't know it yet.

Or maybe we're just doomed to search for that something amazing for all eternity...

So here goes nothing... and meanwhile, have patience with me for I'm still birthing this blog...

No comments: