14 May 2005

Liberation is at hand

Two nights to go and I'm free.

On May 16, I'll have my freedom back - well, that of a 5-day a week drone anyway - as compared to my 6-day workweek since November 2004.

To say that the almost past 6 months was an ordeal is an understatement. I'm just looking forward to getting back my normal life (or what passes for it anyway).

So, another day has passed and I'm slowly getting my rythm in maintaining this blog. Ang hirap palang disiplinahin ang sarali nang magsulat ng regular - lalo na't di ako nasanay sabihin ang totoong nasa isip ko hehehe. Well, here goes nothing.

Sa ngayon, I'm still narrowing down my list of what I'll cover in this blog, in case someone wants to know why I put this up in the first place.

I'd like to think of myself as a storyteller first and journalist second...

And so because people make the best subjects for stories, this blog will be about those whom I've met in my lifetime. I guess, first of all, I would make this blog a shrine to all the good and nice people that I've met in this world... Come to think of it, I'll even include the not so nice or even downright evil - just to dissect what makes them tick hehehe.

Next, I'll talk about the places that I've been and the places that I want to go.... Then maybe I'll cover the holy trinity that makes me tick - books, music and cinema.

I'll also talk about fitness and health, which is what I'm currently interested in - after losing weight and keeping fit for the past year already (this started after I quit smoking 6 years ago).

I'll surely talk about my wonderful family and workmates/employer too.

Maybe I'll talk about my pet too, although at the state that Princess - my 1 & 1/2 year old labrador bitch - is in, I'm probably a failing in keeping a pet (she is not eating well and has developed rashes all over her body; I've not exercised her in ages and not brought her to the vet in like months...)

One reason why I got a pet was to start having a responsibility again that won't talk back or nag and ask for my whereabouts through the cel in every freakin' minute. In short, prinapraktis ko uli magkaroon ng responsibilidad the way having a girlfriend would be.

Nope, I'm not a pervert or wierdo or something... Just your average guy who got burned from a relationship (that I may or may not have any fault at all for its failure). I figured that if I succeed in nurturing my pet, then I'm ready to go have another girlfriend, again, probably for keeps... Hmmm, let's see.

So, there you have it. This blog is basically meant to hook that elusive girl hehehe. This blog is meant to seek out that girl whom I'll be making as my empress in my universe. To this girl, I'll tell her that I'm a renaissance kind of guy who can rescue her from her oppressors and defend her from the scums in this world or something and still be a wellrounded guy whom she can be proud enough to show of to her parents despite my minimum salary and empty back account.

Okay... Gawd so I'm probably not making sense so I'm just gonna end this entry and catch up with my buddies out drinking in Off the Grill.

Until next time... Have a great weekend.

No comments: